Welcome To My Blog!

I'd like to first say "hello" to everyone. I must lay down a single rule, and it's commonly known by many as the Golden Rule. Please treat everyone in here as you would want to be treated. I ask that no one "flames" anyone else, or say anything obscene or rude. This is a friendly discussions blog that pertains mostly to computers, music, politics, and religion, but not restricted to just these topics.

If you're looking for some computer help, then I highly recommend by starting with my first part in my series:
Computer Advice Part 1 of 9 - Hardware Terms

I also have a website I'd love for anyone to visit at http://webpages.charter.net/drkstlkr/

If you know someone who might enjoy this blog, then please send them an e-mail!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Update On Carter

Update On Carter


Just to give everyone an update, my 2 year-old boy, Carter, is doing fine.  My wife had taken him to Valdese General Hospital after he had fallen down our basement stairs onto the concrete floor below.  He wasn't bleeding, but had a large knot on the back of his head, and he was acting very strange.

After he had arrived at the hospital, the doctor on duty knew he had at least a concussion, and gave him a CAT scan, which revealed that his skull had a fracture.  After he vomited while they were trying to put a neck brace on him, the doctors ordered to have him flown via helicopter down to CMC (Carolina Medical Center) in Charlotte.  I got to fly down with him, which had been the first time I had ever been in a helicopter before, and sat in the front with the pilot.  The flight only took less than 26 minutes from Burke County, North Carolina, to Charlotte.

After we had arrived at CMC, the doctors there checked his CAT scans from Valdese General, and basically kept a close watch on him until the next morning.  They told us he had a small hairline skull fracture that would heal on its own, no permanent or serious injuries, and to call if he vomits again or develops a fever.

He seems fine now, and acting his usual, hyper self again.  I'd like to thank everyone for keeping Carter in their thoughts and prayers.

No comments: