Welcome To My Blog!

I'd like to first say "hello" to everyone. I must lay down a single rule, and it's commonly known by many as the Golden Rule. Please treat everyone in here as you would want to be treated. I ask that no one "flames" anyone else, or say anything obscene or rude. This is a friendly discussions blog that pertains mostly to computers, music, politics, and religion, but not restricted to just these topics.

If you're looking for some computer help, then I highly recommend by starting with my first part in my series:
Computer Advice Part 1 of 9 - Hardware Terms

I also have a website I'd love for anyone to visit at http://webpages.charter.net/drkstlkr/

If you know someone who might enjoy this blog, then please send them an e-mail!

Monday, August 18, 2008

The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions

Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster me, my family, and my friends has been on for the last few weeks, and especially for the last few days, and I'm ready to get off of this ride! Where to start...

It's amazing how a situation presents itself, and you think that what you're doing is right at the time, but then to have everything backfire on you. All Candice and I wanted to do was help a dear friend of hers, and we had good, pure, and honest intentions of how we wanted to do it. We envisioned of how her friend would start building and gaining the confidence, pride, and love he once had in himself, pursue a job or even a career, find a place of his own, support himself in the best manner possible, and to get back on his feet. We had no idea how this situation would really turn out, how hurtful things were said out of anger, concern, disappointment, despair, fear... and more emotions than one could ever describe, to even including innocent people who shouldn't have been involved. But what's said and done has been said and done, and all we can do at this point is to allow time to heal the wounds and repair the damages. It's funny how time itself can often be "damage control".

What I've learned through all of this is how choices and decisions in one's life can have such an impact on others, whether you think it should or not, but it still does. And that you should talk to people about choices and decisions you make regardless of what their reaction may be, because if you don't talk to them, all they have to rely upon are assumptions and conclusions, which only fuel the fire. Candice and I both were shocked by the different reactions we received once everyone close and dear to us learned of our situation, both positively and negatively. You just never know...

So, what's in the past is in the past, and all anyone of us can do is to learn, live, and grow, and try not to repeat mistakes. I can't apologize enough to everyone of how sorry I am that this escalated to what it had become. It all only started with good intentions.

No comments: