Some of these quotes are original, some are not, and some are both, but none are neither... ;-)
- A good example is the best sermon, and a pint of example is worth a gallon of advice. You must first follow a good example before you can lead one, and sometimes the best advice you can give is to not give any.
- Always remember Murphy's Law... "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Try to view "a stroke of bad luck" more as "difficult lessons well learned", whenever possible. A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor, and if the going gets easy, you may be going downhill.
- Although multitasking is a wonderful talent few people have truly mastered, focusing your attention on each individual, sequencial task tend to lead to slower but better results. Be careful of biting off more than you can chew.
- Beggars can't be choosers. So if you are picky, it is best to work for what you want instead of asking for it. Appreciate all acts of kindness and gifts of generosity, since the giver had to work for what was given to you.
- Experience and knowledge are learned from making mistakes, whereas foresight and wisdom are gained from not repeating the same mistakes again. Since hindsight is always 20/20, hopefully your foresight should improve as well.
- Having a sharp tongue can cut your own throat. He who throws mud loses ground, so nobody raises his own reputation by lowering others. Treat others as you would like to be treated. In other words, "PLAY NICE!!!" Too many of us speak twice before we think, and putting your foot in your mouth leaves a bad taste. ;-)
- He who laughs last didn't get the joke. If anything, at least laugh at yourself. :-P~
- Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. This is being "realistic" and NOT a pessimist. Always be thoroughly prepared, and leave as little to chance as possible. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. Caution is not cowardly; Carelessness is not courage.
- Ideas won't work unless you do. Inspiration -> Motivation -> Preparation -> Activation -> Perspiration -> Innovation (rinse and repeat) :-)
- It is not the load that breaks you down, but it is the way you carry it, and the happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts. So if you can laugh at it, then you can live with it.
- Jumping to conclusions can be bad exercise. Assume nothing. Assumptions tend to lead to disappointments and failures, whereas thorough analyzation and careful considerations tend to lead to satisfaction and success. There is nothing "anal" about being analytical. :-)
- Knowledge is power, and knowing is half the battle. G.I. Joe! LOL :-)
- No man knows less than the man who knows it all. Destructive criticism usually come from those who only '''THINK''' they can do it better, whereas constructive criticism usually come from those who are experienced and wise. It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.
- One who lacks courage to start has already finished. A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits. Failure is the path of least persistence, and people fail when they give-up. Change direction if you keep achieving the same undesirable results.
- Only when you take full responsibility of your own actions do you realize you have full control of your own destiny. Much of life is more-or-less "controlled chaos", and what you make of it determines its course.
- Seek joy in what you give and not in what you get. The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention.
- Sometimes you need "a second pair of eyes" to find what you are looking for. Don't be afraid or too prideful to ask for help occasionally.
- The difference between ignorance and stupidity is the willingness to learn and understand. The difference between intelligence and wisdom is how the knowledge is applied and practiced.
- "Well done!" is better than "Well said!" However, actions may speak louder than words, but direction and forethought help actions speak more clearly; so think before you act or speak.
- When looking for faults, use a mirror instead of a telescope. The greatest of all faults is to imagine you have none. It is no crime not to be perfect.
- Work smarter, not harder. Keep well organized, and plan well ahead.
- You can polish a turd all you like, but in the end, it is still a well polished turd. LMAO 8-O
Wikipedia's List Of Virtues
Funny "Words To Live By" (PG-13: WARNING - Contains some offensive language!)